Civil & Corporate
Litigation requires specialized knowledge, skills, intellect, diligence, aggressive pursuit of client objectives, and understanding of the art of persuasion before different forums. When the litigation involved is “complex,” all of these skills remain important, and the litigation lawyer and firm must also have very strong organizational skills and additional skills and experience to understand complex facts, and issues and simplify them to persuade a judge or jury.
Litigation can be characterized as complex when it incorporates one or more of the following features:
- Massive document populations to be produced by or to the firm’s client, and mastered as plaintiff or defendant
- Very large numbers of potential deponents and witnesses
- Issues involving complex calculations and large quantities of data
- Complexity and interrelationship of multiple issues
- Extreme time pressures imposed by judges, opponents, or client imperatives
- Class action claims
- The need to present and defend, or cross-examine, expert witnesses in arcane and highly technical or otherwise complex subjects
- The need to persuade through the use of sophisticated graphics and technology and sophisticated courtroom persuasion techniques
- Multiple parties.
PCC business litigation lawyers have decades of litigation experience in complex litigation in federal and state courts, and in administrative trial-type adjudicative proceedings. Our lawyers work in teams tailored to the particular elements of complexity, to utilize the skills of each lawyer in conjunction with the latest technology to achieve efficiency, and deliver results in the courtroom.
These talents are combined with understanding the need for cost-consciousness and efficiency. Complex litigation is expensive, but the costs can be controlled through litigation management skills, use of risk-assessment techniques, and selective use of alternative dispute resolution techniques suitable to the particular situation. Some situations are appropriately characterized as “millions for defense, not one cent for tribute,” while in others the sense of “when to hold and when to fold” is of preeminent importance.
PCC business Litigation lawyers handle a wide variety of cases in court and arbitration, including:
- Prossucuting claims in Federal court
- Asset Recovery
- Breach of contract
- Employee claims
- Independent claims
- Partnership disputes
- Commercial disputes
- Business disputes
- Constuction Cases
- IP disputes
- Breach of Non-assets
- Breach of confidentiality assets
- Leave disputes
- Unfair trade practices
- Shareholder disputes
- LLC disputes
- Breach of Fiduciary duty
- Real estate disputes
- Prosecuting claims in state courts
- Defending lawsuits in Federal Courts
- Defending lawsuits in State Courts
- Civil conspiracy
- Class action
- Class action defense
- Complex commenced litigation
- Civil theft
- Deceptive and unfair practices
- Declaratory judgements
- Tortious acts
- Licensing disputes
- Association disputes
- Franchise disputes
- Bank disputes
Are you ready to get started?
Request your consultation and we’ll get started.
Start Building Your Crisis Management Plan Today
Download your free guide, Managing Your Business Through a Crisis: 7 Steps to Success, and discover the top recommended ways to prepare your company for the unexpected.
Get Personalized Guidance From PCC
Request your free consultation and we’ll get you started on implementing strategies to protect your business.